Glenfinnan Station Museum Sleeping Car
Located at Glenfinnan Railway Station the Sleeping Car provides an ideal base for reaching a number of tourist attractions by public transport and forms a superb centre for the mountains and glens of Lochaber, the Rough Bounds, Moidart and Ardgour.
The Sleeping Car also retraces a part of our railway heritage when it was possible to see many Camping Coaches at wayside stations throughout the country.
The coach is part of the heritage rolling stock collection at Glenfinnan Station Museum. It was built in 1958 and retains many of its original features but now has been converted into unique and comfortable accommodation for up to 10 people.
- A total of 10 bed spaces (3 compartments with 2 bunks, 1 family compartment with a double bed + 2 bunks
- WC with washing area and double shower
- Spacious kitchen with microwave, toaster, electric cooker and washing machine
- Dining Lounge area with TV
- Drying Cabinet
To book your Sleeping Car accommodation
1. Verify availability by e-mail or by phoning 01397 722295 or 01397 722334
2. Complete and submit the online booking form.
3. Confirm your booking by paying a 30% deposit of the overall charge, either online by clicking the Pay Now button, or by sending a cheque made payable to Glenfinnan Station Museum.
4. The balance is payable on arrival.
Cancellations do occur and if it is impossible to relet your accommodation your 30% deposit will be retained. If it is possible to relet your space a handling fee of £15 will be retained.
Rates for the 2013 Season inclusive of VAT
- Per Person per night £ 14
- Children under 12 per night £ 10
- Exclusive use of the whole coach per night £ 120
- Exclusive use of the whole coach per week £ 480
- Hire of bedding and towels per set £ 4 (duvet, sheet sleeping bag and towels)